The Visitor Services Center offers tours of the Utah State Capitol in three different formats: docent-led, self-guided, and virtual. Each tour covers topics including Utah State Capitol history and architecture, Utah history, and government processes. Please refer to the information below for each type of tour, then proceed to the Tour Request Form at the end of this page to begin the reservation process. You may contact the Visitor Center at email@example.com with any further questions. Tours are offered free of charge and tips are not accepted.
Transportation costs for school field trips to the Utah State Capitol, both docent-led and self-guided tours, can be reimbursed through the Field Trip Funding Program. Please click here for more information.
- Guided tours begin on the hour from 10:00am to 3:00pm, Monday – Friday, with the exception of state holidays.
- No guided tours are offered November 23 – November 25, 2022 and December 12, 2022 – January 2, 2023.
- We can tour up to 90 guests per hour.
- Guests should meet at the desk just inside the east doors of the Capitol on the first floor a few minutes before the time of their tour.
- Tours are approximately 40 to 45 minutes long.
- Groups of 10 or more must make a tour reservation using the tour request form below to guarantee availability.
- Groups of 9 or less are welcome to drop in without a reservation, though the schedule is subject to volunteer availability and previously scheduled groups.
- Guests may be asked to join other groups depending on volunteer availability.
- The curriculum for tours is designed for audiences fourth grade and up (ages 10 and older). At this time, we do not offer guided tours for groups third grade and under. Children of any age are welcome to attend a tour with their family/guardian.
- Self-guided tours may be taken at your convenience during Capitol business hours.
- Please click here to access visitor resources and activities for your visit.
- School groups taking self-guided tours are required to fill out the tour request form below as part of the bus reimbursement process.
- There is no limit to the number of guests per group for self-guided tours.
- Virtual tours are offered on Tuesdays at 10:00 am and Thursdays at 2:00 pm.
- We can accommodate multiple groups for each session.
- Reservations are required for all groups interested in a virtual tour, and a tour request form must be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance of desired date.
- Virtual tours are available for groups of 10 or more and can accommodate up to 100 individual devices.
- Virtual tours are presented via Zoom.
- No virtual tours are offered November 23 – November 25, 2022, December 12, 2022 – January 2, 2023, and January 17 – March 4, 2023.
- Pre-recorded virtual tours are available upon request. These may be shared with groups who are unable to schedule a virtual tour. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations during the tour can notify their tour guide and indicate on the “Additional Requests” section of the form below so staff can ensure these accommodations. The Visitor Services office has two wheelchairs that are available for use. For questions or access to the wheelchairs, please email email@example.com or call 801-538-1800 upon your arrival.